How can I update to new icons in XP?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by allizomeniz, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Maybe a small thing, but the Wilders icons on my location bar, tabs, and bookmarks are now blue in Vista but haven't changed in XP. In both systems I added 107.170.53.243 wilderssecurity.com and 107.170.53.243 xxx.wilderssecurity.com to my hosts file. Anyone know if there's way to get the new icons in XP? Thanks. :)

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Are you talking about the favicon? See these:

New xF: [​IMG] Old vB: [​IMG] and Pixel: [​IMG]

If you are seeing the vB logo, then that is stuck in cache in your browser. Since it is not served from here at all anymore, a total cache wipe and restart should pick up the new image.

If Pixel ever gets stuck in your browser, it's likely that you were online when a maintenance job ran and that basic text page, saying we're down and "go grab a cup of coffee...", was up for a few minutes. That image marks that page.

3. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Appreciate it. It turned out to be Favicon Picker in Firefox. I had to reset the icon then it displayed the new one. Love the new look btw. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.