How can I test recovery CD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by broooker, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broooker

broooker Registered Member

I feel really stupid but I've created an iso recovery file, copied to a CD but if reboot computer with CD in drive, it doesn't get noticed and computer reboots from hard drive. My guess is that just copying file to CD doesn't give me a bootable cd. I Googled and found no easy answer. Am I overlooking an easy way using Acronis?

This is an old Dell laptop running Win2K and CD is read only.

I'd like to install a new hard drive and this will be how I get files on new disk drive. I have backup image on a USB drive.

I'm running version 9 3.854

Brooks

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

You need to create the bootable Rescue CD which you do after installing the True Image software - look among the menu items for "bootable Rescue CD". Is this what you have?

Once you make this CD, make sure your laptop's boot order is set to boot from the CD before the hard drive. This is found in the Bios.

Next install the new drive, boot with the CD and Recover the Image from the usb drive to the newly installed drive.

3. broooker

Thanks for reply but I can't do this on my laptop. It's not a read/write CD.

4. dld

dld Registered Member

Use Alex Feinman's ISO Recorder to burn the ISO image you have. Since you don't have a burner on your laptop you'll have to borrow a friend's computer to do this. To burn the ISO file, right-click on it and choose CopyImageToCD.

Here is the Help for ISO Recorder.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  5. broooker

Thanks very much, I'll give it a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.