How can I send a file to ESET for testing?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ninelives, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninelives

ninelives Registered Member

I dont want to go onto the website and download it myself, but I've had this screensaver for about 6 months, called Polarclock3 by pixel breaker, and I just heard from someone that its a keylogger.

Can someone who isnt afraid go to PixelBreaker's website, and dl the file the "PolarClock v3" screensaver and sent it to ESET for testing?

LINK: blog.pixelbreaker.com

The other thing is my upload has worse speeds than dial up... :(

Thanks guys.. should I be worried lol? I uninstalled the stupid thing just to be safe. Im going to go and change all of my passwords now.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you scan your comp? with other security apps in addition to AV? If you did and all were clear then most probably nothing to worry about.

3. ninelives

ninelives Registered Member

Ive scanned my computer with nod32, Malwarebytes, and Spybot S&D over the 6 months so..

Also whats this whole thing about Norton having a better detection rate than NOD32, I hear NOD32 is starting to suck balls now :(

I really like NOD32 but if its detection rates are **** well..

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Please send samples of the undetected malware to samples@eset.sk per the instructions in this knowledgebase article and include a link to this message thread for reference.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

How many pieces of malware your computer has been infected with since you installed ESET?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.