How can i make my own bootable recovery dvd?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by survi90, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. survi90

survi90 Registered Member

i ve tried acronis, paragon, handybackup .. but i have always have some problems with these products.

is there a way to make a recovery dvd ?

(OS: windows 7)

thanks.

2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

That depends on what you mean. If you are intending to create your own DVD; meaning a custom PE recovery disc with your images on them see here. I prefer to make my own discs, that way they can be customized. As far as the imaging product, I fully trust Drive Snapshot (along with some tweaks). If you are not trying to make your own PE then I'd need a little more clarification, because there are plenty of applications that supply bootable recovery software; Macrium Reflect, Paragom, Shadow Protect, ATI, etc.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  3. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

You need ultraiso. With it you can open a bootcd ISO and add a "image file" then save it onto a blank DVD. The DVD will retain all the boot information and will bootup.

For instance I use acroins true image. I use ultraiso to open up the true image bootcd ISO, I then drag and drop the image tib file into the ISO. I then save the new ISO and burn to dvd.

When I boot up with the bootdvd, it loads the acronis GUI and I just browse to the tib which is on the DVD and restore it.

I tried poweriso, but it doesn't save the "boot" info and won't make a bootable dvd. Ultraiso works everytime for me.

4. survi90

Thanks for the replies.

@jonyjoe81 its the answer that i want to hear, i'll try :)

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Use Win7 own built in recovery dvd (system image)

6. survi90

@Cudni im using home premium x86. just now, when i start to take my system image, there is also burn dvd choice. That would be useful. Then no need to use 3th party image softwares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.