How can i make my own bootable recovery dvd?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by survi90, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. survi90

survi90 Registered Member

i ve tried acronis, paragon, handybackup .. but i have always have some problems with these products.

is there a way to make a recovery dvd ?

(OS: windows 7)

thanks.

2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

That depends on what you mean. If you are intending to create your own DVD; meaning a custom PE recovery disc with your images on them see here. I prefer to make my own discs, that way they can be customized. As far as the imaging product, I fully trust Drive Snapshot (along with some tweaks). If you are not trying to make your own PE then I'd need a little more clarification, because there are plenty of applications that supply bootable recovery software; Macrium Reflect, Paragom, Shadow Protect, ATI, etc.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  3. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

You need ultraiso. With it you can open a bootcd ISO and add a "image file" then save it onto a blank DVD. The DVD will retain all the boot information and will bootup.

For instance I use acroins true image. I use ultraiso to open up the true image bootcd ISO, I then drag and drop the image tib file into the ISO. I then save the new ISO and burn to dvd.

When I boot up with the bootdvd, it loads the acronis GUI and I just browse to the tib which is on the DVD and restore it.

I tried poweriso, but it doesn't save the "boot" info and won't make a bootable dvd. Ultraiso works everytime for me.

4. survi90

Thanks for the replies.

@jonyjoe81 its the answer that i want to hear, i'll try :)

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Use Win7 own built in recovery dvd (system image)

6. survi90

@Cudni im using home premium x86. just now, when i start to take my system image, there is also burn dvd choice. That would be useful. Then no need to use 3th party image softwares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.