How can I make Firefox 57 toolbars fonts bold!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Nov 13, 2017.

1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Thank you!

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

You can create a folder called chrome in your profile and in that folder create a plain text file called exactly userChrome.css.

Put this code in there
    Code:
    @namespace xul url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);

@-moz-document url(chrome://browser/content/browser.xul){

#PlacesToolbarItems { font-weight: bold !important; }
    }

save the file, and restart Firefox.

See https://www.ghacks.net/2017/11/13/customize-firefox-57-with-css/ for more.

3. ratchet

Thank you for your help! Although I went to ghacks, I really could not understand how to make bookmark and bookmark toolbar fonts larger. At the moment I need a magnifying glass. Help with that pleas and again thank you!

4. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

use windows scaling -> 125%/150%/...

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Go to %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ in File Explorer and then open the profile listed (I have no way of know what the folder will be named). Then open the "chrome" folder (if there is one, if not create it) and see if there is a file named userChrome.css. If not create it. Make sure the following 2 lines are in it:

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

#personal-bookmarks .bookmark-item > .toolbarbutton-text { font-size:24pt !important; font-weight:bold;

You can set the font weight to whatever you need, I used 24 as a test and it is working for me. Make sure Firefox is closed while doing this, or restart it if it is open.

6. ratchet

Thank you!

7. ratchet

So I still need help folks! I have the bold font across the Bookmark toolbar, however, the rest of them (vertical context menu that opens with the arrow at the end of the toolbar) are still extremely small, as are all of the regular bookmarks. Also, I would like to make the tab bar and its text larger. Oh how this old guy longs for good ole Theme Font Size Changer! Thank you!

8. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Ratchet, try this one which I am going to use in Firefox 57. I being playing with this stuff for two days, I should have started doing it a long time ago.

/* Global UI font */
    * {font-size: 10.5pt !important;
    font-weight: normal !important;}
    }

Or better yet, you ll probably love this one :D. Check it out.

/* Global UI font */
    * {font-size: 12pt !important;
    font-weight: bold !important;}
    }

Sin título.jpg

Bo

9. ratchet

Thank you Bo! Can I do the following? Install Ff Portable on my C drive with the capability of installing v57 and begin trying to get it to render how my v56 does. If need be, I can just put it on an 18 gb thumb drive. This way I don't have to do Macrium incremental restores to 56 every time I need my sanity restored. Despite the main issue(s) going on here for folks, I had another crazy one. The Theme Font & Size Changer developer released an updated version two days prior to the v57 release (even though he knew it would not work with v57?!). After upgrading to v57, after every a restoration to v56, it would render like 57 even though I was definitely using 56. The extension had auto update enable and every time I opened 56 it would happen. I finally opened it in a VPN so my IP was different and turned auto off so all is good with v56. Dozens of old blind folks like myself on Mozilla forums missing T F & S C! Thank you again!

10. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Hi Ratchet, I am not really sure what you mean. But if you mean, you want to install Firefox 57 portable to try making it look like Firefox 56, but you hope it doesnt mess with the 56 installation. I dont know, my friend. One thing though, I havent updated to Firefox 57 yet in my real system as I want to update to 57 only after the new NoScript version gets released. Not before. I also dont want to play with new profiles as I do all the time. The reason being because I dont want to take a chance on messing up my current Firefox 56.0.2.

Personally, I am playing with Firefox 57 in a sandbox and being messing with it and trying to make it look like 56, and more importantly, to function like 56, and I am getting there. Look at the pictures below. Other than the addons bar/status bar that is missing, the rest is pretty much how I have 56 now. What you see below, is how as of this moment, I plan to setup my Firefox 57.

Compare my current Firefox 56 and my planned Firefox 57.

3.jpg

2.jpg

Bo

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.