How can I find out what is bringing the desktop out of "Sleep"?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I'm doing some remodeling and have moved the PC into our bedroom. At around 12:45am it wakes up. There is nothing scheduled nor any history of an event at that time. Some Windows services are scheduled at midnight, including RegIdleBackup. How can I find out what it is? Thank you!

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

4. LenC

LenC Registered Member

Agreed - good stuff.

I have a related problem on one of my older PCs - running XP professional. Something is preventing it from going into sleep mode.

If I go into power options and set it to enter sleep mode after a short period of time, e.g. 5 minutes, it will do so. But if I set it to go into sleep mode after 30 minutes or 1 hour, it doesn't ever do it.

Any thoughts on this one?

P.S. I'm thinking it might have to do with a new wireless printer I recently purchased. I installed some software on the computer and I've noticed an "event manager" process is running. I plan to experiment to see if that is causing it, but any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.