How can I enable/ repair pgaccount.exe

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Rilla927, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hello everyone! I purchased PG three days ago. I reinstalled five times, and then everytime I took it out of Learning Mode, a short time after up in the right corner of program, it would switch and say "pgaccount.exe" is not running. Is this a known problem? I'm really impressed with the program,but have no clue as what do now.

Rilla927

2. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

hi,
    check "DiamondCS Process Guard Service v3.000"(run-services.msc) if the service is started at all.
    http://img199.echo.cx/img199/9712/pgaccount0wd.jpg

and/or check ur startup list whit spybot s&d for example
    i had this once (pgaccount.exe not running) and fixed it by adding the startup entry with spybot s&destroy :)

http://img199.echo.cx/img199/6851/pgaccount25ng.jpg

Code:
    Located: HK_LM:Run, !1_pgaccount
    command: "C:\Program Files\ProcessGuard\pgaccount.exe"
       file: C:\Program Files\ProcessGuard\pgaccount.exe
       size: 184320
        MD5: 49c764d74387bdfb0a6aaebede0b62e2

3. Rilla927

Hi Fred, I checked services.msc and it said automatic. I'm running Adaware SE pro v1.5 build, SpywareBlaster, I just downloaded the newest one early this morning, PC Cillian 2005 Suite. I do not have Spybot. I have Microsoft's new AntiSpyware Beta, I just installed early this morning also. All the other smaller utilities I have wouldn't affect this.

I have no clue! I have been trying to figure this out ever since I installed it. If you have any suggestions please let me know. (or anyone else for that matter)

Thanks so much
    Rilla927

4. Stro

Stro Registered Member

Rilla,
    I had the same problem with pgaccount.exe that just started this morning. Do a Search on "pgaccount" in the Process Guard forum (use Advanced Search). You'll find a thread in which Pilli tells of two registry entries for pgaccount.exe to look for. I found I did not have one of them, so I added it and pgaccount.exe now runs on my PG.
    Regards,
    Stro

5. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

another way is adding pgaccount using spybot s&d
    it worked for me

open spybot s&d
    click tools
    click system startup
    click the green + sign
    add it like this:

Attached Files:

6. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Amazing what one learns on this forum. I'll probably use this info some time in the future. Thanks.

Rich

7. Stro

Stro Registered Member

8. Rilla927

Thanks everyone for all the info! Stro, I did follow the link you gave me and printed it out so I could follow easily,but I had no luck. My suspicions from the start was Ad-Watch being the culprit and it was.

I remember Pilli saying that Ad-Watch'es permissions can be obscured and they were right!

Since I had no luck trying to merge the two files from the link you gave me, I decided to uninstall PG, and do it over. But, this time, I turned off the "automatic" and "active" buttons on adwatch and then unloaded it right before the new install of PG and so far it's working fine. This time when I done the new install and restarted the computer, I did see a window for Ad-Watch wanting confirmation of PG.

Before, when I suspected Ad-Watch being the culprit, I added a new rule for pgaccount.exe and that still didn't work, I was surprised! But, thank god, it's resolved, thanks to all you good knowledgable folk out there in forum's like these.

Thanks to all, you're great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.