How can I achieve Secure-Private browsing off a usb

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by tiler, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiler

tiler Registered Member

Hi

I have a webspace on which I store much information and build websites a little like a private cloud.

I read all sorts on sandboxi, erasers different browsers but how does it all fit together ?

How and with what software do I set up private and safe browsing to this webspace as well as the rest of the web without leaving footprints.

I am assuming this will require browsing off a usb stick, if not then please advise.

Thanks in advance...

2. EncryptedBytes

EncryptedBytes Registered Member

You contradicted yourself a bit with your explanation of your setup. If you have virtual webspace being hosted to build websites and that service is not owned by you a trail already has been established if money has been changing hands for the service.

If no money has been changing hands, but the service is already being utilized as you indicated without any obfuscation, a trails has been established through logging. Or if any PII exists from you on this service in the form of account information then that to can be linked back to you.

To answer your question assuming none of the above is correct then:

For your own local machine, booting from a Live CD or virtual machine would minimize your risk of identifiers being left on your physical device. Then layer on top of these controls a VPN or anonymity service to obfuscate your IP. With the VM wipe and restore its image after each use.

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Try TAILS (The Amnesic Incognito Live System)

-- Tom

4. tiler

tiler Registered Member

Thank you for your reply !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.