How can antispy programs to right click context menu?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Marcus Aurelius, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can anyone tell me how I can add more antispyware programs to the right click context menu?

It seems when I right click on .exe files only my AV and Ewido will be in the right click context menu for scanning the file.

Is there a way I can add A2, Adaware, Spybot, Microsoft AS, Pest Patrol, UnHackme (and other antispy programs) and maybe even Rootkit Revealer to the right click context menu for easy scanning of any .exe and OTHER file types also?

Perhaps not every antispy program can be added to the right click context menu but it would be nice if at least a few more could be added.

When I right click on zip files there seem to be more scanners listed in the right click context menu [than other file types] but still not as many as I would like to have listed.

Thanks if anyone can help.

2. hadi

hadi Guest

3. hadi

hadi Guest

sorry. correction its tweakui
    download the 147kb (its for Xp SP1+)
    after running it from its left panel choose
    my computer>templates>creates
    Add what ever you like

4. notageek

notageek Registered Member

For one. templates isn't under my computer>templates>creates and for 2 you can't add any exe files in templates. I tried that already a few months back and I get a popup that says so and so is not a templete item (or something to that nature). I seen how to do this somewhere, if I find it again I'll post it here.

5. hadi

hadi Guest

you can add exe files to "sendto" on right click context menu
    start>run>sendto
    then drsg and drop exe-icons in the "sendto" folder

6. hadi

hadi Guest

Adding an Application to the Right Click Context Menu

You can easily add any application to the Right Click Context Menu. This will allow you to access the feature without having to go to the Start Menu. When you right click on a folder you can have access to that application, the same as using "Send To".

Open RegEdit.
    Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell
    Add a new Key to the "Shell" Key and give it a name.
    Now give it a default value that will appear when you right click a folder. As an example, using an "&" (ampersand) without the quotes, in front of any character and it will allow you to use the keyboard.
    Click on the Key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\NewKey
    Add a New Key named Command.
    Set the (Default) value of the application you want to run. (See example below)
    For example: c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe (Include the full path and parameters if you need them).
    Example: This is for Explorer.exe

Your Key Entry would be:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore\command

You Value Entry would be:

"C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe /e,/idlist,%I,%L"

link to text above
    http://www.dewassoc.com/support/useful/registry/rightclickmenu.htm

and you can remove entries using this editor
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/contextmenueditor.html

7. hadi

hadi Guest

8. notageek

I think the poster wants to add one of their anti spyware program to the right click so they can right click on files and scan to see if it's spyware.

9. hadi

hadi Guest

then my message no 6 above

10. notageek

I thought there was a program that will do this for you but I can't remember what it was. I guess for the poster doing it the hard way will get the job done.

11. Hi Hadi and Notageek

I guess I may not have explained myself enough here so maybe I can clairfy things as to what I was trying to ask.

If I download a .exe (or other) file to desktop, I would like to be able to right click on the file, and be able to scan that file with all my different antispyware scanners.

Right now when I right click on this .exe file, I can only choose to scan with Ewido or scan with my antivirus. I want to add all my different antispyware scanners to this right click context menu so I can then scan the file(s) with any antispyware scanner I choose.

I would very much like to have Adaware, Spybot, A2, Unhackme, MS antispyware, Pest Patrol ect... added to this list so when I right click on the downloaded file (that is now on my desktop) I can easily and quickly scan the file for any malware.

But to clarify things, I don't just want the antispyware program listed in the right click context menu, I want it to also allow me to scan the file I just right clicked on, and only that file.

I have never edited the registry, and am not sure I could do it as you posted. But if you know of any program that can help me I would be very greatful if you could let me know about it.

Thanks very much.

12. bolleke3

bolleke3 Registered Member

13. hadi

hadi Guest

then simple and easy
    right click on each exe and choose send icon to desk top
    then start>run
    type
    sendto
    when the folder appears
    drag and drop the icons from desktop to the sendto folder
    then
    right click on (whatever file/exe) choose sondto (icon for the prog you want to do.....)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.