How About Prevx Free to ID and Hitman Pro to Remove?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by chinook9, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I like to play with security software (mostly free) and always use Sandboxie to browse.

I am really tired of Comodo (although it does protect) and I am going to remove it. I already have Panda Cloud and I thought if I add an adequate firewall along with Prevx Free and Hitman Pro I could be in good shape. I might add Threatfire or some other HIPS but I haven't really decided on that.

What do you think of the Prevx to identify the malware and Hitman Pro to remove the malware?

Edit: When I wrote this I was under the impression that Hitman Pro was around $17.00, but I just realized that its 17 euros. That's more than Prevx. That said, as cheap as I am, is it worth buying Prevx or just as good to go with the free stuff such as firewall with HIPS and Threatfire.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  2. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Hi;

You can Online Armor Free v4.0.0.10 instead of CIS uses less resources. Go for Prevx with Panda Could. With Sandboxie 3.40(use ssj100's guide) and your all set. You dont need Threatfire as OA's HIPS and Prevx will do more than Threatfire.

You can also try SuRun and set LUA but I'm not yet familiar with it and trying to understand it more via this forum.

Regards,

Dundertaker

3. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Both Hitman Pro and Prevx have life-time free scanning.

Hitman Pro malware removal is free for the first 30 days of infection.

Hitman Pro 1 Year 1 PC = $19,95 (or EUR 17,95)
    Prevx3 1 Year Malware Cleanup for 1 PC = $ 31,14 (or EUR 19,95)

How is $19,95 more than $31,14?

4. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

You're right, I had just converted the euros to $ at $1.50 per euro but I see on the Hitman Pro site that the $ price is $19.95 as you indicate.

I have already installed Agnitum Outpost Free and I'm still trying to decide what else to go with...I expect I'll do the Prevx Free/Hitman Pro combination but I will do some research first to ensure that the uninstalls can go smoothly for both of them when the time comes to switch to the latest and greatest.

5. papillonn

papillonn Registered Member

I think prevx producers updates it more often with new features. Every new update gives us more features. Also safeonline is free now.
    $19,95 (or EUR 17,95) is confusing or a simple typo.

6. Clive T

Clive T Registered Member

Free? I don't think so. According to Prevx's website, it costs an extra £5 pa - and that's £5 too much for me to buy a prog that disables two of my most useful apps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.