Hotmail

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by Hagla007, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hagla007

Hagla007 Registered Member

Hello!

I'm currently using hotmail.com as my "email-thing". I've always used it, but in the beta and RC of Eset Nod32 5, I've noticed dramatically slowness in opening different emails, and change from for example "Inbox" to "Junk". (For your information, this does not only happens in this case, the problem appears also when I'm trying to get into the "Deleted" section(and so on).) However, when I disable the "Web Access Protection" and "Email Client Protection", I can change from "Inbox" to "Deleted" in just like 1 second(or normal speed/fast). But after that, if I want to go back to "Inbox", it won't load. So I need to go out of the tab/web browser and re-open a new tab and get into msn and log in on my hotmail account. This is very frustrating.

Both of this issues has appeared in version 4 and 5 of Mozilla Firefox. I have always used Firefox. In the 4.0 and 4.2 version of Eset, everything went smoothly, but now it's all a mess.

I know there has been some issues with Eset and Thunderbird, but is this one of the issues/bugs? If so, it's ok for me.

Best regards,
    Hagla007

2. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

I'm ESS 5.0.84 RC w/ Default Settings & FF 4.0.1: You should post your OS as with XP SP3 my moving around Hotmail is almost "instant".
    Running both MBAM ans SuperAS in Real-Time without issues.

Hopefully someone can help identify the reason for your Hotmail delays.

3. Hagla007

I doesn't run MBAM and SAS in real-time. I'm using them only on-demand, which means only for scanning.

My OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

4. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

My using MBAM AND SuperAS Real-time could sometimes cause more hang-ups, errors, etc. than On-Demand. I was just trying to show that ESS 5 can operate in a multi-Security App world just fine, and that for me they didn't interfere with Hotmail.

I'll get glasses for not seeing the OS earlier. Good luck.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  5. Hagla007

I have already said what OS I use. Read my earlier post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.