HOSTS SAFE WON'T BACKUP

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by j80r50m, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j80r50m

j80r50m Registered Member

NO HOSTS FILE DETECTED - (OPERATING SYSTEM-WinME)

When attempting to create a HOSTS-SAFE BACKUP in the TOOLS Option of the SPYWAREBLASTER program the above ERROR message appears instead!

2. j80r50m

3. j80r50m

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

For future reference....this is a somewhat slow moving Forum so there really is no need to bump your thread twice in less than 30 minutes from thread creation :ouch:

In regards to your Hosts file issue....there is a size limitation that will cause the Hosts file function to display this problem. Who's Hosts file are you using and what is the size of the Hosts file :doubt:

5. j80r50m

I don't know what a HOST File is or how to determine if there is a HOST file in my Computer or what I should do if there isn't a HOST file present on my Computer!
    I do know that I currently have 5.94 Giga-Bytes of available Disk space on my 9 Giga-Byte Primary Master Hard Drive Plus an additional 7.99 Giga-Bytes of Disk Space available on my 10 Giga-Byte Primary Slave Hard Drive!

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

On Windows ME, look in C:\WINDOWS\hosts. Your file probably looks like the example below. If so, there is nothing to back up. The hosts file is not in use.

More reading

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.