HOSTS SAFE WON'T BACKUP

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by j80r50m, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j80r50m

j80r50m Registered Member

NO HOSTS FILE DETECTED - (OPERATING SYSTEM-WinME)

When attempting to create a HOSTS-SAFE BACKUP in the TOOLS Option of the SPYWAREBLASTER program the above ERROR message appears instead!

2. j80r50m

3. j80r50m

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

For future reference....this is a somewhat slow moving Forum so there really is no need to bump your thread twice in less than 30 minutes from thread creation :ouch:

In regards to your Hosts file issue....there is a size limitation that will cause the Hosts file function to display this problem. Who's Hosts file are you using and what is the size of the Hosts file :doubt:

5. j80r50m

I don't know what a HOST File is or how to determine if there is a HOST file in my Computer or what I should do if there isn't a HOST file present on my Computer!
    I do know that I currently have 5.94 Giga-Bytes of available Disk space on my 9 Giga-Byte Primary Master Hard Drive Plus an additional 7.99 Giga-Bytes of Disk Space available on my 10 Giga-Byte Primary Slave Hard Drive!

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

On Windows ME, look in C:\WINDOWS\hosts. Your file probably looks like the example below. If so, there is nothing to back up. The hosts file is not in use.

More reading

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.