Hopefully simple?? re bootable cd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kylekoch, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kylekoch

kylekoch Registered Member

Just got rid of ghost, and am trying to get set up with a clean image to go back to instead of always having to reinstall xp. For some reason whwn I try to "Create bootable rescue media" I get an imediate "error burning the bootable cd" I have Roxio cd creator installed along with drag to disk.
    xp home
    intel MB
    2 gig mem
    plextor px716SA dvd/cd burner
    please help, im so tired of trying to get a successfull imaging set up
    thx
    kyle

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi kyle,

Firstly, make sure you're using blank CD-R or CD+/-RW. If that still doesn't work then try one of the following workarounds (may need to be used in combination):

- If using Roxio Drag-to-Disk packet writing software, disable it prior to creating the bootable rescue CD.

- If you have installed any third-party CD/DVD recording software, disable Windows XP's own CD recording feature as this can sometimes conflict with other CD recording software. Open "My Computer", right click on your CD/DVD recorder and select "Properties". Click on the "Recording" tab and untick the "Enable CD recording on this drive" checkbox.

- Proceed through the Bootable Rescue Media Wizard up to the point where it asks you to insert a blank CD. Open your recorder's drawer, insert the CD-R/RW but do not close the drawer manually. Click the "Proceed" button to allow TI to close the drawer automatically and continue creating the rescue CD.

- Boot into Windows SAFE mode (F8 whilst booting Windows) and try creating the TI rescue CD from there.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.