Hopefully simple?? re bootable cd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kylekoch, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kylekoch

kylekoch Registered Member

Just got rid of ghost, and am trying to get set up with a clean image to go back to instead of always having to reinstall xp. For some reason whwn I try to "Create bootable rescue media" I get an imediate "error burning the bootable cd" I have Roxio cd creator installed along with drag to disk.
    xp home
    intel MB
    2 gig mem
    plextor px716SA dvd/cd burner
    please help, im so tired of trying to get a successfull imaging set up
    thx
    kyle

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi kyle,

Firstly, make sure you're using blank CD-R or CD+/-RW. If that still doesn't work then try one of the following workarounds (may need to be used in combination):

- If using Roxio Drag-to-Disk packet writing software, disable it prior to creating the bootable rescue CD.

- If you have installed any third-party CD/DVD recording software, disable Windows XP's own CD recording feature as this can sometimes conflict with other CD recording software. Open "My Computer", right click on your CD/DVD recorder and select "Properties". Click on the "Recording" tab and untick the "Enable CD recording on this drive" checkbox.

- Proceed through the Bootable Rescue Media Wizard up to the point where it asks you to insert a blank CD. Open your recorder's drawer, insert the CD-R/RW but do not close the drawer manually. Click the "Proceed" button to allow TI to close the drawer automatically and continue creating the rescue CD.

- Boot into Windows SAFE mode (F8 whilst booting Windows) and try creating the TI rescue CD from there.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.