Honestly, AyRecovery, EAZ-FIX and Rollback users, I don't believe you need to worry

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ratchet, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

about defragmenting. I've noticed numerous posts about this over the years. I uninstalled Ay yesterday and before reinstall today I defraged with Jk. Granted Ay was only ninstalled for 20 days, but Jk didn't even take a full minute. Normally, a defrag after several weeks would have taken five to ten minutes. I had defraged before the original installation of Ay and I'd been defraging the snapshots - that is apparently all that is necessary! Just wanted to share my observation since it seems to be an ongoing question.

2. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi Rachet

I use Rollback Rx and this is indeed what I have found. As long as I defrag the snapshots regulalry using the built snapshot defragmenter (which can take a while if you have a lot of snapshot over a period) then the original fragmentation that you had before installing the ISR does not seem to increase.

I am waiting for the next release of Rx to uninstall (which you have to do apparently before going to a new version) after which I will defrag normally and then install the new version...and then no more normal defrags.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.