Honestly, AyRecovery, EAZ-FIX and Rollback users, I don't believe you need to worry

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ratchet, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

about defragmenting. I've noticed numerous posts about this over the years. I uninstalled Ay yesterday and before reinstall today I defraged with Jk. Granted Ay was only ninstalled for 20 days, but Jk didn't even take a full minute. Normally, a defrag after several weeks would have taken five to ten minutes. I had defraged before the original installation of Ay and I'd been defraging the snapshots - that is apparently all that is necessary! Just wanted to share my observation since it seems to be an ongoing question.

2. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi Rachet

I use Rollback Rx and this is indeed what I have found. As long as I defrag the snapshots regulalry using the built snapshot defragmenter (which can take a while if you have a lot of snapshot over a period) then the original fragmentation that you had before installing the ISR does not seem to increase.

I am waiting for the next release of Rx to uninstall (which you have to do apparently before going to a new version) after which I will defrag normally and then install the new version...and then no more normal defrags.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.