homepage hijack

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by antiquitatem, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antiquitatem

antiquitatem Registered Member

anybody know why spyware baster is not protecting the homepage of other users on my computer? just the administrator account.

it is "ticked" for all users, but in Internet Options homepage isn't grayed out like the administrator....

any suggestions...

vista 64

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

does it make any difference if you Run As Administrator and then re-set the page for all users? If you set the page when running i user profile does it stay set?

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

As of SpywareBlaster 4.2, that particular tweak only applies to the "current" user account.

Unfortunately, on Windows Vista+, this means that it will only apply to the administrator user account (because SpywareBlaster requires elevation with UAC).

This has already been fixed for the next version of SpywareBlaster, which we hope to have out relatively soon. :)

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

4. antiquitatem

antiquitatem Registered Member

To Cudni: No it does not make a difference if "Run as Administrator"

To Javacool: Thank you very much! That answers my question.:) Seems a few programs tend to work this way, ex. MBAM (Malwarebytes) can only be updated if run by adminitrator.

I don't use my admin. account on my home pc. I have a personal account that I do my work from, the admin account is there for security purposes, if that makes sense:doubt:

Any suggestions on programs that could prevent a homepage hijack? I do have MBAM (free), SuperAntispyware(free), Avast 5.0(free), Comodo (FW & Defense+, again free). Windows Defender running in background along with Ad-aware (free-the Live is Enabled), and SpywareBlaster.

maybe overkill?

Again Thank You!

vista 64
    AMD Phenom4
    4 GB ram

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

The fixes/improvements related to this functionality are available in SpywareBlaster 4.3, which has now been released. :)

Please see: SpywareBlaster 4.3 Released

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.