Homeland Security Agents Pull Man Aside For Google Glass in a Theater

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Dave0291, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

File this one under "Told ya so":

"A patron of an AMC theater in Columbus, Ohio, was detained this past Saturday for wearing Google Glass while watching a movie, according to a report from The Gadgeteer. The Glass-wearer, who wishes to remain anonymous, was pulled out of the theater mid-Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit and questioned for an hour by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) special agents".

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014...cial-agents-hold-up-a-google-glass-moviegoer/

This is bound to keep happening, that is no shocker. What perturbs me though is who the hell called ICE for crying out loud? Don't you think a "Get the hell out" would have sufficed? It isn't like the entire movie can be copied to the device (yet). Since this guy had supposedly worn these things on a few other occasions to the same establishment with no issue, it sounds like some asinine employee freaked out. Besides, I've seen the movie already, if this guy thought the film was even worth recording, he has more issues than ICE can help with :D It has Chris Pines in it for petesake..

2. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Didn't you know. Copying a movie is an act of terrorism these days.

3. guest

guest Guest

Oh you... Carrying a camcorder while watching movies has been restricted since long ago, so no surprise if Google Glass is not permitted either.

What's funny is the U.S. DMCA law. Who would know if you back-up your movies to your external HDD? I mean, really, what a hollow regulation? :rolleyes:

4. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Yeah but what happened to our good old American Sherif?

5. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

I picture a day coming when local police cease to exist and everything is covered under Federal. It just feels like that is where we're very slowly but surely heading. Anyway, yeah this is completely ridiculous. Local cops could have handled this with ease. And yeah, the DMCA is already an irrelevant and suffocating piece of crap legislation. It and modern technology is completely incompatible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.