Home Users vs Business Users

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by angelo_lopes, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angelo_lopes

angelo_lopes Registered Member

What is the diference between Home Users and Business Users versions, please?

Thanks in advance

2. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

Hi!

Well the most importatnt things are that the business versions include the Remote Administrator where you can control settings on all your computers centrally, see status and push installations from.

Moreover the business versions can be installed on server operating systems as well as on client operating systems. Home is for client OS'es only.

Best regards
    Preben

3. angelo_lopes

Thank you for your reply, PRJUS. Are you sure the business version include the Remote Administrator? I know it from versions 2.x but in version 3 I never saw that option. I was just curious though.

Anyway, my real problem is about updating. I installed BE and was unable to update. NOD32 always displayed "Update of the virus signature database not necessary. The installed virus signature database is current". But today is July 28 and virus signature database version was from March!

I uninstalled, reinstalled, no go. Then I tried with a Home Users version, virus signature database version was much newer but still no update. Any clue?

Thanks in advance,

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Angelo,
    when this issue occurs, we'll need to get the following:
    - exported ESET registry key
    - zipped content of the "C:\Users\All Users\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Updfiles" folder (the archive can be quite large, you'd better upload it to an ftp server)
    - exported configuration from your EAV/ESS

I will PM you my personal email address as well as login to access our ftp.

Anyone else experiencing this issue, please drop me a PM.

5. angelo_lopes

Hi Marcos

- I think C:\Users\All Users\ESET stands for Vista. In this case (Win XP Pro SP3) the folder you want is C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET, correct?

- First I installed v3.0.642.0 in Portuguese. Then I uninstalled and installed v3.0.669. After I uninstalled and installed v3.0.669 Home Users just for testing.
    Is this an issue for you? Do you want me to uninstall, delete all NOD32 folders and registry keys, and reinstall from scratch?

Other question: How do I configure Remote Administrator PRJUS wrote about in version 3?

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.