Home Malware Cleaner

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by PixelShroom, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixelShroom

PixelShroom Registered Member

Hello, this strange program called Home Malware Cleaner Showed up yesterday and stated that my computer has serious infections and threats in it and that I should clean it as soon as possible with the exact same program. What is this software? Is it real or some fake virus? How can I remove it?? :rolleyes:

2. Baedric

Baedric Registered Member

3. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

4. PixelShroom

PixelShroom Registered Member

Hello,
    Bob_McCarty and TheKid7, thank you for helping!!!

I searched for possible manual removal guides and i found those articles helpful
    ~Link removed~
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-home-malware-cleaner (and I later noticed that you suggested the same one :) )

I read there that Home Malware Cleaner is a fake program that creates some files in my computer and then it hides them in this directory %UserProfile%\Recent\.

But I am not that good with computer, so I was afraid to delete files from there ( i was not sure what might happen).

However, I followed the rest of the removal instructions and did everything that was written there.

I decided to download an antivirus program and I installed Avast, I hope it is a good choice.

And because you also suggested Malwarebytes, I downloaded it also. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.