Home 2009 crashes XP on analyzing partition mounted in NTFS folder

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by migueldc, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. migueldc

migueldc Registered Member

I was planning to purchase True Image Home 2009 and therefor installed the 15-day trial version

After several trial&errors I found out a very consistent bug in TI Home 2009 :

Whenever I mount a partition (in casu 1Gb NTFS of Samsung 103UI on eSATA) in an empty NTFS folder (on my E-drive) instead of under a drive-letter, TI Home 2009 makes XP hang completely :
    - at windows startup
    - when starting up TI Home 2009 after the partition analysis fase

Whenever I mount the same drive as just a letter, no problem.
    However this is not workable for me as mounting under directories is more convenient for my home cinema setup.

So, I am not purchasing TI Home 2009 until this bug is solved, because I cannot startup Windows with TI Home 2009 installed :-(

Does somebody experience the same ?
    Is Acronis working on a solution ?
    Should I better buy an older version of TI Home ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello migueldc,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

Make sure that Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer is Enabled in Device Manager (Right-click on MY Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Unfold Acronis Devices -> Right-click on Acronis Devices -> Select Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer -> Choose Enabled).

Also make sure that TimounterMonitor.exe process launched (ctrl+alt+del -> task manager -> processes). TimounterMonitor.exe process monitors the mounted images and constantly checks if there is enough space on the storage to save all the changes made to the sectors of the mounted image.

Make sure that the hard drive doesn’t have file system errors or bad blocks. Do the following to check the disks for errors:

- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    - Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r" (where DISK is the partition letter you need to check) for every partition that is visible in My Computer. Please note, that checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

If the issue persists download Acronis Report utility available at and run it, create a report and attach to your next reply. Please compress the Acronis Report output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip) This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

We also have 24/7 free tech support of trial versions available here

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.