Holy $H&# Disk Director 10 ???? WTF

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by selkov, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. selkov

selkov Registered Member

Many issues.
    What gives with this I don't know.

1] After loading Disk director 10 there is a folder called "BootWiz" on every
    one of my drives?
    Why?
    What is is for?
    Is it safe to delete?

2] Why does the boot screen show
    " Press ESC for Menu"
    "Press F6 to skip menu"
    I do not want the user to have these options....can I turn this OFF?

3] Is it possible to add a shortcut to the shell so I can use the mouse to
    access the program? If so what & how do I do that?

I ask this because after I installed DD10

4] MY KEYBOARD DOES NOT WORK!!!

I had to reload a backed up MBR from TIH in order to get into my computer!

Come on Acronis I expect better from you. We all should!

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Which version of DD10?

Bootwiz is part of OSS; which for me always has to be installed separately. If you uninstall OSS then your problem with #'s 1 and 2 will disappear. Don't just delete

If you do intend to use the boot selector then don't delete the bootwiz folder(s) (if more than one partition/hardrive) as your original boot.ini folder has been copied into here along with some OSS specific files.

Don't quite understand your point #3. In Windows a shortcut can be placed on the desktop and OS selection can take place here - system will reboot. Otherwise it just acts as a steroid version of Windows boot menu from the OSS boot shell.

If running from the boot CD then the options are chosen here.

#4. Is this from Windows or the boot CD?

There is a problem with some versions of wireless and USB mouses/keyboards, most now work with the latest version, but you can check to see if it is the Linux environment causing a problem by pressing F8 (at boot time) and at the command prompt that will pop up (eventually), type usbmouse=off.

Colin

3. selkov

selkov Registered Member

DD v10 2.1.1.7

still do not understand what the :
    " Press ESC for Menu"
    "Press F6 to skip menu"
    ....can I turn this OFF?

I do want to use OSS but I do not want to have the possibility of deleteing the BOOTWIZ by accident. Why in gods name is it visable?

I have used Partition Majic in the past. And while you are in the file explorer you can right click over any drive icon & initiate the program. thats a nice feature when you are working with multiple drives. no need to close progams & go look for shortcuts.

I am booting thru windows & the keyboard is wired.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello selkov,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

This folder is created by Acronis OS Selector and it contains all the system files of all your operating systems. Please be aware that in case you use Acronis OS Selector then you should not delete these folderS.

This menu is default for Acronis OS Selector bootup process. You will not be able to remove this screen in case you use Acronis OS Selector. The only possible solution is to de-activate Acronis OS Selector. You are able to deactivate it within Windows.

Could you please clarify your question in more details? Where exactly you want to use mouse and what program do you mean?

Could you please let us know the vendor and the exact model of your keyboard? Please also clarify what connection does it have (USB, wireless, etc.)?

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.