Hmmm Scanning problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Akatsuki_Pain, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akatsuki_Pain

Akatsuki_Pain Registered Member

Does the scan for eset nod32 av4 usually suppose to scan for 2-3hrs i mean when i first used it...it usually scanned only about 20-30mins but now it sometimes take sooo long i wonder why and sometimes it scans between 90-99% for like 25-40mins before finishing other then that 0-89% scan usually go pretty fast any reason?thx if someone supports

2. BTIsaac

BTIsaac Registered Member

As always, I relate scanning speed issues to the archive scanning. What kind of compression methods archives use, and how NOD32 treats them can have a dramatic effect on scanning time. Disabling archive scanning altogether will cut down the scanning time to 10-15 minutes instead of 30-40, for example. My guess would be, you have a really really big archive that takes up 10% of your hard drive.

3. Akatsuki_Pain

Well i'm kinda new to the scanning thing i just changed from avast to eset and i like eset soo much more well my computers really old and in bad condition
    120g hard drive
    256mb ram
    my computer runs good but other then that wat do u mean by archieve u mean my C drive that stores everything or do u mean something else?well how do we cut down the archieve?

4. pondlife152

pondlife152 Registered Member

Archives are compressed files that contain other files, such as ZIP, RAR, CAB etc. Each type of archive can also be a SFX or self-extracting (EXE), like many downloaded setup files are.

NOD will unpack any of these archive files it finds on your PC and scan the files they contain. You can turn this option off for the On-demand scan (actually it is two options, one for archives and one for self-extracting archives) however, which will reduce the scan time.

5. Akatsuki_Pain

O okies i'll just mess around and see wat i can do thx for helping :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.