Hmmm internet explorer??

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by mortl, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortl

mortl Registered Member

Ok when im on facebook trying to look at pictures i constantly get this message... "a script on this page is causing internet explorer to run slowly".

Anyone know a solutiono_O

2. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Firefox :D

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I'll second FF.

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Lol...guys, I don't think that's QUITE the answer the OP was looking for. I've seen this happen on IE before, but not for quite some time. I THINK it has to do with really crappy code being used to embed any type of "interactive" function, be that video, audio or whatever. That's what I THINK mind you, it seemed to be the case the few times that error happened to me. If I remember correctly, IE gives you the option to let the script continue to run or stop it. Try stopping it and see if the website/page is still functional.

5. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

Try Internet Options > Advanced Tab then under Browsing there's some checkboxes there related to displaying script errors, disable script debugging etc.

Have a fiddle with them, not sure about "fixing" the problem but you should be able to make the error go away so it isn't annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.