HMD11S Lost Archives

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by wptski, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wptski

wptski Registered Member

HDM11S shows three archives but Windows Explorer shows five archives. I actually used one of the missing ones to restore my HD three days ago. I've made no backups since then and all were listed in the past until today.

This has happened before but I thought that it was happening maybe because I deleted an archive from Windows Explorer first before from HDM11S.

I'm using the lastest build released a few days ago but this has happened with the previous build.

Is there a way to retrieve the lost archives somehow?

EDIT:
    I didn't notice before but all show up in the Explorer pane in HDM11S but aren't listed in the restore wizard. They are listed when using the WinPE Recovery Disc. It could be that's maybe where I remember seeing all of them last and not under Windows. I've never tried a restore from Windows just WinPE.

There is a option to add an archive to the database but why were the two left out to begin with?

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

There probably is a more elegant way to do this but I've been flipping back/forth between two images working on a problem.

On the last flip the oldest image which has been there a week before I even started this is greyed out while under one image only. I tried to add the image to the database but it just stayed greyed out. I can understand if a new image is created while using one image would not appear when the the other is restored but not what it's doing now.

Next time around I try to delete the greyed out one and then add it back in. The incorrect time stamps doesn't help either. One has to keep their own database on paper.

3. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I'm flipping between W7 and W7 with the SP1 update image. I create a full basic backup HD image under SP1 before flipping back to the W7 image.

Under SP1, I delete the oldest image from the database with the box checked to remove it from the HD as well. This doesn't remove all of the file(s) from the HD, it reduces the size greatly down to the folder and a single file which I delete. Open HDM11S and the deleted archive is gone but the oldest archive is now greyed out. If you try to add it back that doesn't work, you must delete it first then add it.

Now when you do that, another archive will be missing. My HD does have plenty of available space. Since the archive list doesn't show the folder name or number, a good comment helps and I'm going to start adding that number into the comment also along with keeping a list on paper.

Nobody else has run into this issue which I've seen in B&R2010FA also?

4. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I may have a solution which has worked so far. I delete the archive from the database "only" and then delete the folder from the HD using Explorer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.