HLTV.exe Riskware Positive Identification

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by broadsword7, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broadsword7

broadsword7 Registered Member

I got an Alarm: Postive Identification Riskware.Proxy.Hltv on C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\Hltv.exe

I've had this file for several years, back when I used to play Half-life, a game from Sierra. Is this a false alarm, or should I take action?

Regards,

Phil

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Broadsword7, I assume this is a TDS3 scan with todays definitions? If so you could right click on it to do an on demanad scan also try this with your Anti-Virus or any of the on line scans.
    For further analysis you could also .zip the file up and send it to submit@diamondcs.com.au for analysis - If it is a TDS3 False Positive it will allow Gavin to correct it.

HTH Pilli

3. broadsword7

broadsword7 Registered Member

Hello Pilli.

I have done as you suggested, and just sent the zipped file to the address you provided. Thanks for the suggestion, I will look for the response and post here also.

Regards,

Phil

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Thanks, I doubt if you will get a response until Monday morning Perth, Australia time as DCS has had a very busy week. :)

Thanks again. Pilli

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Nothing to worry about ! this shouldn't really be detected I might remove it until TDS4 has an option for detecting low risk tools and such. The only other program that detected this was KAV I think, with extended bases ONLY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.