HLTV.exe Riskware Positive Identification

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by broadsword7, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broadsword7

broadsword7 Registered Member

I got an Alarm: Postive Identification Riskware.Proxy.Hltv on C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\Hltv.exe

I've had this file for several years, back when I used to play Half-life, a game from Sierra. Is this a false alarm, or should I take action?

Regards,

Phil

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Broadsword7, I assume this is a TDS3 scan with todays definitions? If so you could right click on it to do an on demanad scan also try this with your Anti-Virus or any of the on line scans.
    For further analysis you could also .zip the file up and send it to submit@diamondcs.com.au for analysis - If it is a TDS3 False Positive it will allow Gavin to correct it.

HTH Pilli

3. broadsword7

broadsword7 Registered Member

Hello Pilli.

I have done as you suggested, and just sent the zipped file to the address you provided. Thanks for the suggestion, I will look for the response and post here also.

Regards,

Phil

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Thanks, I doubt if you will get a response until Monday morning Perth, Australia time as DCS has had a very busy week. :)

Thanks again. Pilli

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Nothing to worry about ! this shouldn't really be detected I might remove it until TDS4 has an option for detecting low risk tools and such. The only other program that detected this was KAV I think, with extended bases ONLY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.