Hiw to use two AV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

If I were to install another AV in addition to BD how would I handle them so they would not conflict?

I suppose I could disable, through Win Patrol the one I did not want to remain active at any particular time. Is this the best way?

I might try NOD32, or install a free one like Avast.

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

In my experience, having 2 AV's isn't a big deal. Make sure you only have 1 active monitor running though or they will most likely fight each other.

Make 1 your active monitor and the other a backup scanner.

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

What are the mechanics of doing that? I would like the option of selecting either as the active monitor.

Thanks, Jerry

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Most AV's have the option to "Disable Active Monitor" through the program interface or by right-clicking the icon in the system tray.

5. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi JerryM,

When you install NOD32, for example, you have an option for a Custom Install. During the custom install, you will be asked whether you want to active the three real-time scan monitors that are included with NOD32 (AMON, DMON, and IMON). Just answer no to all of these questions. The NOD32 kernal is still installed at startup, but none of the real-time scanners will be active. You can turn them on or off from the Control Center.

Rich

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Well you cant do custom install for all AVs.

Anyhow, If you want to run two AV's - please disable the email scanner and real time monitor of either one AV.

Stopping Mail scan may require you to wade through the options a bit though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.