Hitmanpro, anyone else use it?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by betamaxman, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. betamaxman

betamaxman Registered Member

I have been using this app for some time now and it seems clean and does only what it says.
    Anyway just wondering if anyone had any security issues with it and that it is safe.
    It is simply a spyware app manager scheduling sequential scans, updates and such for apps such as spybot and adawarese that do not provide this scheduling function regarding scanning.
    The url is hitmanpro.nl

2. Arup

Arup Guest

No security issues with this, it takes legit apps and puts em in one place so you get all the good AS apps installed at once.

3. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

If you want your PC to run as before, than don't put that on your PC.

Hitman Pro is the first thing I remove from a PC whenever I find that on it.
    It slows down your device. :doubt:
    If I take a look at all the Hijackthis logs at the board I'm moderating, then the first thing the helper will ask the poster to do, is to remove this app.

Better use those apps separately than within Hitman Pro. It will give YOU control of whatever it's doing, finding.

This is not an app I would recommend, but that's my personal opinion, so it's up to you to decide whether you want to keep it or ditch it. ;)

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I second that.
    Besides Hitman Pro itself is not a security software, it runs OTHER known security softwares one after another, nothing more than that.

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

There was some permissions issues in the past with the programs Hitmanpro used. Javacool's Spywareblaster was one of them as it's been discussed here at WSF's before.

snowbound

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i remember asking about this program ages ago, things might be different now (i stopped using windows a while ago so haven't used any javacool programs for a few years), but at the time they were offering to update one of javacool's programs for free, that sounds great until you find out automatic updates is how javacool made his money - his programs are free and you manually update them, but if you pay you get automatic updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.