hitman pro

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by iii, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iii

iii Registered Member

i had avira before i downloaded hitman pro and just use avira as a on demand scanner and disabled the real time stuff ever since i downloaded it. But since i got hitman pro now should i remove avira antivirus or no

2. iravgupta

iravgupta Registered Member

If you read through the product pitch of Hitman Pro, your question will be answered automatically. Hitman Pro is a 'second opinion' scanner. It is not meant to replace your current antimalware.

3. Dr33

Dr33 Registered Member

Hitman Pro is only an on demand scanner it does not include a real time feature.

4. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

In short, yes you should remove it

5. icr

icr Registered Member

Hitman is designed to work with most of the security applications same as prevX and other cloud based applications

6. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. None the less iii should re-enable the Antivir guard.

Who Should Use Hitman Pro?

* Computer users can use the Free Scan of Hitman Pro as a quick check (less than 5 minutes) to ensure that the existing anti virus program has not missed a threat.

7. PC__Gamer

no, i wasnt being sarcastic.

the OP posted he uses antivir for on-demand only and if by having HMP, should be remove it.

I simply answered his question. :)

8. ALookingInView

ALookingInView Registered Member

Hitman Pro is an on-demand scanner. It should be used as such. HMP is not a real-time scanner.

I'd advise the OP to re-enable his/her Avira Guard so he/she has real-time protection and then perform a scan just to be 100% nothing got through while it was disabled.

9. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

Please take note that iii stated he turned off the Avira guard after installing HMP. If he understood what HMP was about then obviously he would have refrained from doing so. In a nutshell your answer is of no help whatsoever.

10. PC__Gamer

no, he said he's disabled real-time ever since he downloaded Avira.

and he wants to know if he needs Avira still as an on-demand, with HMP now on his machine.

thats how i read his comments anyway, so in a nutshell - your answer is no help whatsoever!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  11. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

LIFE IS NOW HERE??
    LIFE IS NO WHERE??

misunderstandings;)

He's using Avira as Ondemand Scanner already with No real time protection.:eek:
    He then downloaded Hitman pro .His question is whether to uninstall Avira or not bcoz Hitman pro includes Avira engine.

My opinion is to enable Avira's Real time protection and use Hitman pro to scan regularly.

12. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

I guess Niakanth already said what i want to say...Its better you use Avira for Realtime and Hitman Pro for "On-Demand" purpose...

13. icr

icr Registered Member

Even I agree with you:thumb:

14. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Hi,

I've been testing Hitman Pro recently on a win XP VM and, after playing around with it a while I've come to the conclusion that HMP is comparable to let's say MBAM, SAS, PrevX or some sort of similar appication.

Bottom line, HMP is meant to complement you AntiVirus solution not to replace it. Therefore, you should keep whatever AV you are using now and use HMP as an on-demand scanner for whatever your AV missed.

Just my 2¢

Carlos

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I would agree but if internet facing apps are sandboxed, I feel it can be used alone.

16. MaxEntropy

MaxEntropy Registered Member

I'm a great fan of Sandboxie too, but I wouldn't recommend running it without some additional real-time protection. which Hitman Pro doesn't provide (although it's excellent for on-demand scans).

However good your first line of security is, isn't it better to have more than one security layer to afford a degree of fail-safe protection? After all, you wouldn't want to drive a car with only one braking system.

17. trjam

trjam Registered Member

true, very true

18. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I think with Hitman Pro you can scan just what's in memory. I believe this means if you do an on demand scan with Avira av (guard disabled) you can get a more comprehensive scan of your machine.

So you may want to keep both.

IIRC- I think HMP scans a limited number of extension types as well.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  19. PC__Gamer

why?

Dorment viruses dont mean anything, they cant do anything and are pointless.

ie. a user could use Defensewall and have over 100 malware samples on their machine, but if they cant be executed - they dont mean anything, still equals to the same thing, a clean machine.

20. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

whato_Oo_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.