Hitman Pro Free Version

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TheKid7, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I have never used Hitman Pro. However, I "suggested" to someone to give it a try. He said that it was a "non-install" exe. After a scan, Hitman Pro Free Version reported that no Malware was detected. However, he reported that Hitman Pro added something to the startup and/or services. He also said that his Norton Utilities will not work right after scanning with Hitman Pro Free Version. I don't know what to make of this. Any suggestions/comments?

Thanks in Advance.

2. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

There is a scan at system startup which can be disabled in the settings page. You can't miss it as hitman pro only has a couple of buttons.

hitman pro.png

With no service running in the background, as it's an on-demand scanner, Hitman Pro shouldn't have any connection/interference with norton utilities. Has he tried just uninstalling hitman pro, and seeing if norton utilities works properly?

I know it's tough recommending products to friends as after installing the product you recommended, any problem that goes wrong with their pc is now your fault (well, in my experience).

The mods might move your thread to the hitman pro thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=236732&page=42

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.