.. HIPS ??

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware beta forum' started by Infinity, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

first of all Congratz to da Ewido Crew for their new release! I like the new Icon too ... and talking about a "user/newbie friendly" suite ... I believe you guys created one lol :p

but I was hoping to see some hips modules built in .. I believe this was planned (at least, so I read on your homepage some time ago) but probably delayed for next releases ..

hopefully someone can confirm this cause I find this sooo sad. I realy hoped for something like that ... to make a statement or something ... cause this "install and forget" can be useful for some users but I don't like it that much .. I wanted to have more action going on personaly ;) but probably best for me to go to the movies for seeing some action :D

best wishes,

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  2. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

Checked HIPS, but cannot make up my mind which one to chose...:cool:

3. Infinity

I meant Host Intrustion Prevention System :) - sorry for not mentioning it - it is something like e.g. a combination of appdefend and regdefend / Online Armor / ... - protection not based on signatures but protection based on 'prevention of potential misbehaviour' of processes/exe's/...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  4. Infinity

122 views no responses from any Ewido mods ... while it wasn't me that has put that HIPS statement on their website .. strange situation .. when the company you always have been supporting for, is neglecting you and your posts ...

Thanx guys!

5. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

We decided to not include a HIPS in version 4.0 but in 5.0 because then we would have had another delay which was absolutely unacceptable. Unfortunately, this decission was made only a few days after the press release...

6. Infinity

thanx for clarifying but a bit sad that this has not been addressed before while everybody kept talking about it and how great it would be ... thought you would tell me this in pm when I asked questions about this HIPS or whatever .. but thanx for clarification.

best wishes,

Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.