HIPS failed to enable ESS 5 beta

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by Cutting_Edgetech, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

The new HIPS feature failed to enable after installation of Eset Smart Security 5 beta. I ticked all appropriate boxes to enable the HIPS, and it still showed as disabled from the console. I also tested to see if the HIPS was actually functioning, but just showing disabled from the console. The HIPS was not functioning at all. I tried by running the HIPS in interactive mode, and then tried all the other modes. I checked, and rechecked to make sure that all appropriate boxes / modules were enabled so the HIPS should have been enabled. I was able to get the HIPS functioning as expected by rebooting my machine. A very easy simple remedy, but the problem is that I was not prompted to reboot my machine after the installation was complete. Maybe in the next build the user should be prompted to reboot their machine if that is required for the HIPS feature to function correctly. I sent a ticket by customer care from the console. What is the best way for reporting bugs for the beta program? I'm running XP Pro X32 SP3.

2. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

Report your Bug at here.http://www.eset.com/beta/form/

3. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Firstly, see the ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta forum.
    Secondly, this one is on the list of known issues. After installation the HIPS is reported as disabled, however it is enabled. A restart will fix the issue, however the installer doesn't request a restart.

4. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Ok, found the online form for reporting bugs here. http://www.eset.eu/support/betaform. I already reported the bug from ESS 5 beta console so I will wait to see if they request me to report the bug using the online form. It looks pretty much the same as the one from the console. If I post anything else then i will continue this discussion in the ESS 5 beta thread. I'm not sure how i managed to post in the wrong thread. I must have been really tired. Thanks for the responses!

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Isn't it a known issue listed under number 11 in the list of known beta bugs that should not be reported?

HIPS - HIPS is disabled by default in the GUI but enabled in Advanced setup.

Issue Description: This problem occurs immediately after you install the program. To finalize installation, restart the computer.

Solution: Restart the OS.

6. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

XP SP3 / MBAM Realtime/ SuperAS Realtime

Marcos - Anyone: In "Setup" All members of Computer, Network, Web & Email, Parental Control have (Blue) Functional Enable-Disable links EXCEPT HIPS.

In Computer module HIPS has Green Chk by "Enabled" BUT "Enabled" is shown in black (non-active) font vs. Blue-Active fonts for All others - and Max Protection for All 4 Modules above are indicated in Home mode.

Is the Black, Non-functional "Enabled" for HIPS a Hint it may be a False indication and is Really Disabled? Don't know how to prove if it's working or not. HIPS Log file is Empty.

7. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Not expecting an Answer to my HIPS question I completed the Recommended Customer Help Form with JPEG attached (56kb). Got "Could Not Process" the form and my Taskbar/System tray moved from the bottom to become the far right Border (top to bottom). I returned it by Holding a Left-Clk on an empty Taskbar area and dragging it back to the Bottom.

Next day I tried a 2nd Customer Help Form and IT Failed PLUS my Proc Explorer showed CPU usage Stuck on 50%.

Last edited: May 21, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.