HijackThis uninstall

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by TerryKKK, Jan 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryKKK

TerryKKK Registered Member

Have installed SpywareGuard v2.2.0, Recommended to uninstall HijackThis to avoid conflicts.

I have HijackThis v1.97.7 which by the way, has been very helpful but, I would like to try out this SpywareGuard for a while.

How do I uninstall HijackThis?

Is, (under Misc Tools), clicking the button (Uninstall HijackThis & exit) sufficient?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Terry,

I'm wondering where you heard that there might be a conflict with these products. I've never seen anything like that. Personally, I don't think you'll have a problem with both installed...

However, HijackThis has no external uninstall program because it doesn't actually install in the first place. It's one of those tools you download, unzip and run. You don't need to go through an install procedure before using it. But, it does store some settings in the registry when you run it, so that Misc option will clear those. Then you can just delete the HijackThis.exe file.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Just to add:

There shouldn't be any conflicts between SpywareGuard and HijackThis.

The only possible thing that could happen is SpywareGuard's Browser Hijacking Protection might alert you if you remove a hijacked homepage (or other browser setting) with HijackThis. That's certainly not a conflict: it's just doing what it's meant to do. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. TerryKKK

TerryKKK Registered Member

Thanks for the quick responses. In re-reading the SpywareGuard help file, the program recommended to uninstall is Browser Hijack Blaster not HijackThis.

There are so many utilities (and references) to Hijack that I stay pretty mixed-up, pretty much, all the time, Duh.

Nice forum you have here, I think I have found the 'home' I've been looking for.

Again, Thanks

TerryKKK

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Let me say "welcome home" to Wilders then and I'll be looking forward to seeing more of you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.