HijackThis can't solve my SpywareBlaster "please reinstall" problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by big_mac, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big_mac

big_mac Registered Member

I've been trying to get SpywareBlaster on my machine for some time now.

After several attempts I went to the Javacool site and read the advice on this page:

http://www.javacoolsoftware.info/kb/idx/7/007/article/

I've used a utity from my hard drive manufacturer to determine that it isn't a drive problem. I've also shown a HijackThis log to the good people at Castlecops.

HijackThis has not found anything that is stopping me from installing SpywareBlaster.

From what I can tell, at least one spammer/cracker has found a way to defeat both SpywareBlaster and HijackThis. (Either that or SpywareBlaster is giving me a false positive for some reason.)

It might be easier for me to work out what the problem was if SpywareBlaster provided some sort of data dump instead of a plain dialogue box, but without it I guess I need to look for other tools that can help me.

As you probably know, Javacool's advice ends with talking to you guys.

So what do you think I should try next?

Here is the CastleCops thread if you want to know more:

http://castlecops.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=457885#457885

Another guy with WinME butted in to my thread and said he had the same problem, however I'm not entirely sure if he had gone through the full proceedure, as he seemed more interested in complaining than working through his problem.

Thanks for looking at this. I hope you can help.

2. tinku

tinku Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.