hijacked internet explorer?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by dingleberry, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dingleberry

dingleberry Registered Member

Hi people,
    Have just stumbled across this website in my endeavours to find a way of restoring my interent explorer page back to normal. But first you must understand that any overly technical info. will probably go straight over my head, It's not that I'm thick or anything, my head just can't cope with all of the technospeak. I have downloaded the spywareguard program but that only deals with new attempts to change the internet explorer browser and doesn't deal with it if your computer is already affected (I think??) At the moment when I click on the internet explorer icon up comes '911 lets roll' and we get pages of photo's on the 911 disaster and any attempt to carry out a web search from this page is useless and we need to go through our AOL homepage instead.
    Why does this happen, please help if you have the time?
    From Russ in London

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi dingleberry. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Since this is a possible hijack issue, i will move this thread to a more appropriate forum. ;) (Privacy Problems Forum)

snowbound

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I did a search and seems most users plagued with this need HijackThis help so if u would like post a log at one of the sites listed here,

http://a-sap.org/

for assistance with this issue.

snowbound

4. dingleberry

dingleberry Registered Member

Thanks for your advice, will look into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.