HiJacked Home Page & other problems.

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by newdogdad, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newdogdad

newdogdad Registered Member

PLEASE help!

My Home page has been HiJacked and is replaced with a page, INTERNET SECURITY with URL securityuptodate.com. The page is an ad for 7 security software programs, high priced and, of course, I should have them all!

Frequently a red bordered message appears at the lower right of my screen indicating that My Computer has been infected by a virus. If I click "Here" to get help, the screen goes blank and a message appears that the page would not open.

Every once in a while, I get a message that one of 3 temporary files needs to be placed in the WINdows System 32 folder. I indicate NO and then find that in fact the file is in the System 32 folder. It will only delete if I open Windows in SAFE mode.

I am using Windows XP Professional, HP Pavillion 530n, 512 memory.

I have used AVG 7.7ppurchased anti-virus which does not find a virus. I also used XoftSpy which said it corrected the HiJack problem.
    I used LavaSoft Adaware which found no problem.
    SpyBoat did find 16 items (I didn't record names) and deleted them.

In case you need it, Here's the HiJack this log:
    <snip>

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2006
  2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi, we no longer do HJT logs as announced here. The announcement does contain links to where logs are still analyzed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.