Hijacked Desktop

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Gary_Davies, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary_Davies

Gary_Davies Registered Member

Hi there, any help would be really appreciated!

I have a blue background on my desktop with a black box in the middle. In RED it
    says: "WINDOWS ERROR"

Then underneath this, within the box:

"System has detected spyware activity. Some system functions are blocked out.

Windows recommends you to clean you PC with a spyware removal tool. This has to be
    done as soon as possible to prevent loss of data."

I CANNOT change the background and this is permantly there when I log on.

With Hijack this, it says I have: "C:\windows\isvrs\desktop.exe" There is also a
    list of things that look dodgy, such as: ".crazywinnings.com" and ".addictivetechnologies.net"

PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks!!

(Just to add - I cannot use the i-net at the momentn with the infected PC so I cannot post a hijack this log unfortuntealy. Also I have tried adaware and spybot.)

I also have pop-up toolbart called "Desktop Search" that may be linked to the hijacked desktop as well....

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Gary_Davies, and welcome to Wilders.

From the information you've provided, it looks like you may be infected with one of the variants of the Bube virus. This infection will also download more malware, which will also need further steps and specialized tools and instructions to remove.

Make sure you have the most recent version of HijackThis - you can find it here: HijackThis v. 1.99.1, create a log and save the log to a floppy disk.

Since we no longer process HijackThis logs as per our Posting Policy stated in this Announcement, you can take the log to one of the sites listed below and post it for analysis. Whichever site you decide to go to, please be sure and follow their posting policy before you post your HijackThis log:

CastleCops.com
    Net-Integration.net
    SpywareInfo.com
    Gladiator-Antivirus.com

Cleaning instructions for Bube.d
    How to remove Bube.d aka Win32.Beavis aka isrvs

Please let us know how you do.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.