Hijack Blaster Bug?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by fdell, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fdell

fdell Registered Member

I've been having a recurring problem with Hijack Blaster. It seems to be running fine, and then when I leave my computer for several hours and come back, (after the screensaver goes off) I have a pop-up warning of an attempted hijack. It tells me that the attempt was made to change the homepage to "none." If I try to use the option to change it back, the pop-up continues to recurr. After I simply close the pop-up box, just to get rid of it, Internet Explorer will not launch at all. When, I check internet options, the homepage dialogue box shows a little square block and that is it. When I type in my homepage manually. It changes back to the little block every time I go back into control panel. When I run "Hijack this" I find that the "RO" lines that normally specify my homepage and my search engine preference, the lines are still there but there is nothing at the end of the line.

When I reboot, the problem goes away and my homepage and search option are restored without any intervention. If I do not use hijack blaster at all, the problem does not occur, so I assume that it is some type of software issue with hijack blaster.

Is hijack Blaster misinterpreting the screensaver or energy saver mode? Any insights would be appreciated. I'm afraid I am just going to have to dump the program.

BTW, should the software run on start-up. I am manually starting it after rebooting - after which it runs minimized in the taskbar.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. fdell

fdell Registered Member

Thanks, We'll download that and give it a whirl!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.