High RPC Latency on Exchange 2010 with Mail Security

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by SGalbincea, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SGalbincea

SGalbincea Registered Member

*SOLVED* High RPC Latency on Exchange 2010 with Mail Security

We recently installed Mail Security on a new Server 2008 R2 x64 Exchange 2010 box running all roles with about 150 mailboxes.

This server is a virtual server in an ESX 4.0u1 environment hosted by three Dell R710's with dual quad 5620 cpu's and 48GB of RAM each. Current resource allocation is two cpu's and 12GB RAM. Storage is provided by an EqualLogic PS6000 SAN.

There is a 4Gb link to both the SAN (iSCSI) and LAN. LAN connectivity is provided by an HP 5412zl switch.

When installed and configured per ESET's recommended settings, we experienced high RPC latency to the server. Normal latency is in the 5-20ms range and our latencies jumped to around 300ms. This was not a big deal for users with small mailboxes, but for those with large (5-6GB) mailboxes is made them pretty much unusable. I have attached the configuration XML for review if it can be of assistance in finding out where we went wrong (Rename to .XML). For now we have had to uninstall the product and rely on our Barracuda appliance for protection. Any and all input is welcome - thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  2. SGalbincea

Problem was resolved by installing latest build of NOD32 for Exchange and scheduling the background scan for off peak times.

3. Berserker

Berserker Registered Member

I have a similar setup and seeing similar results. I have build 10014 of Mail Security installed.

Can you tell me where exactly is the option to change background scanning to off peak times? My only shows a checkbox to enable it or not.

Also, when you installed the latest build, did you install on top of your current build? Or uninstall then reinstall?

4. nid1036

nid1036 Registered Member

Same exact issue and similar configuration here. Any resolution or answer how to schedule background scans?

5. SGalbincea

We disabled background scanning via the GUI and added a scheduled task entry to run a background scan every Satruday night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.