Hiding ZA Icon from systray???

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by my2cents, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my2cents

my2cents Registered Member

Hello -

I am running ZA on my machine and alsi running Windows 2000 which does not have the option of hiding icons on the systray.

Couls anyone explain how to do this? I know it has to do with registry setting but if I remove or change something there that has to do with removing the icon, will ZA still be able to function?

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Why do you want to remove the ZA icon from the tray?

Rather than mess with the registry, which may or may not accomplish anything, I'd just grab one of the free little utils that can hide tray icons for you.

3. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

You can terminate the process zlclient in your taskmanager, and that will kill the GUI but leave the firewall running. however, I would not recommend this cuz you will not be able to make any settings changes.

i think there was a registry tweak for older versions of za, but if i remember correctly, it brought about other problems.

i would do what kerodo said and use a utility that can hide tray icons for you.

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Actually, I think I do know why he wants to turn off the ZA icon. It's way too sensitive. I remember in the newer versions if you're running something like Mozilla, just minimized in the taskbar all the time, then the ZA traffic meters are always going off every 15 seconds. And with AntiVir and it's localhost traffic, the traffic meters are always on all the time. Kind of annoying...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.