hide/waitservice

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by archie123, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archie123

archie123 Registered Member

hi , apologies if this has been discussed already but after a quick search i found nothing

i have smart security 4 and have been using it hapilly since its release , i have noticed a new item in my startup folder which wasnt there before , i have a new entry hide/waitservice

i keep a close eye on my startup folder and this wasnt there yesterday i had only 2 entries for ESET both in the services tab

can anyone explain why it suddenly popped up

thanks for any help

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

"hide/waitservice" is usually spoken about as a part of the Nod32 egui HKLM\....\CurrentVersion\Run entry in the registry :blink:

Is that startup folder entry actually named hide/waitservice or is it the contents of a file or shortcut ?

3. archie123

archie123 Registered Member

yes sorry im not explaining myself properly , its an entry in the startup folder under msconfig and you are correct with the HKLM\....\CurrentVersion\Run

the entry name is

c:/program files/eset/eset/smart security/egui.exe"/hide/waitservice

it just seems odd because this entry has suddenly appeared out of the blue ive had all versions of smart security and never noticed this before , just the two entries under the services tab

so this is part of the smart security setup then? seems odd ive never noticed it before , i have very few items running on startup i keep a close eye on whats going on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.