hide/waitservice

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by archie123, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archie123

archie123 Registered Member

hi , apologies if this has been discussed already but after a quick search i found nothing

i have smart security 4 and have been using it hapilly since its release , i have noticed a new item in my startup folder which wasnt there before , i have a new entry hide/waitservice

i keep a close eye on my startup folder and this wasnt there yesterday i had only 2 entries for ESET both in the services tab

can anyone explain why it suddenly popped up

thanks for any help

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

"hide/waitservice" is usually spoken about as a part of the Nod32 egui HKLM\....\CurrentVersion\Run entry in the registry :blink:

Is that startup folder entry actually named hide/waitservice or is it the contents of a file or shortcut ?

3. archie123

archie123 Registered Member

yes sorry im not explaining myself properly , its an entry in the startup folder under msconfig and you are correct with the HKLM\....\CurrentVersion\Run

the entry name is

c:/program files/eset/eset/smart security/egui.exe"/hide/waitservice

it just seems odd because this entry has suddenly appeared out of the blue ive had all versions of smart security and never noticed this before , just the two entries under the services tab

so this is part of the smart security setup then? seems odd ive never noticed it before , i have very few items running on startup i keep a close eye on whats going on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.