HIde my IP

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by boredog, Oct 7, 2015.

1. boredog

boredog Registered Member

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Maybe just use one of the VPN services that are commonly mentioned on Wilders? Or have a look at TorrentFreak's latest VPN review, which seems unbiased. Be careful about other sites that review VPN services. They're mostly just paid advertising.

3. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

It looks more like a browser proxy than a true VPN. The marketing on this giveaway is deceptive too. It is really just a one month trial of the paid service which is expensive. Even for free, I passed on this one.

There are much better VPNs for what they charge. PIA has a discount offer going. You can get a coupon for another 10% discount if you give them an email address. A disposable one worked fine.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/private-internet-access-vpn

There are several other VPN deals on that site but the only other one with a decent and well established reputation is Boleh which doesn't really cost that much more Hide My IP.

4. ComputerSaysNo

ComputerSaysNo Registered Member

No. Do not use Hide My IP. It's garbage. I wouldn't trust them with my security and privacy.

5. Stode

Stode Registered Member

Amen.
    Some of their "private" proxies are transparent proxys,revealing your true ip!
    Stay away from this.