hi, need help

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by spookn, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spookn

spookn Registered Member

I don't know where to post this. I use NOD32, spyblaster,spybot, have a firewall, not XP's. HiJack this. Stinger, Bagle, Tracks Eraser, S.
    Have used Spy Sweeper off and on, alomg with Windows Defender.
    Running XP-SP2. Outlook express 6.00.2900.2180.
    Well, for the lomgest time I kept it out of harms way. Join something? Use excite or yahoo. Not my personal emaill addy. And well, someone got it.
    now i get all kinds of crap spam, and scaams in my email.
    And they are following me somehow. I had to do some personal health research.
    Today there was abunch of health adds in my email. ex: "your refill is ready," or "your medications". If I looked at PC games I get shop for games at this or that web site.
    So someone is tracking my moves. And I would like to get them out of my PC!
    where to start?

2. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

You did not post which browser you use, as it can be the source of "leaked info"...

3. Togg

Togg Registered Member

Are you saying you have a securitry program that is called 'Bagle'?

I am aware that there is a family of email worms that goes by that name so I am wondering if you have specific program just for that.

NOD32 has definitions for the bagle variants, so I would expect it to have been found if you are, in fact, infected.

4. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

You probably need to give a good look at your over all system activity. I wrote a small piece on how to monitor you computer activity here: http://www.hermes-computers.ca/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=42

As for the tracking it sounds to me you are simply getting spammed by some process tracing you and repporting your online activity... Probably you have submitted your e-mail address as well too many times during those "Health Research" efforts when you got infected. You are more than likely going to get some pretty heavy spamming in the future. Here is a more "Industrial Strength" Anti spam tool like email AI Pro from http://www.emailaipro.com

Here is a nice article on spam:
    http://www.hermes-computers.ca/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=64

I hope these help.

5. spookn

spookn Registered Member

ok,
    1st off, I was only using Opera 9. Then I started using IE again, bad move.
    I never use my one home email add. that I am getting the spam on, I use gmail or excite for joing stuff etc..., but it only takes once.
    I apologise, the app is not Bagle, Its a app from symantic called FxBgleMO,its something like stinger . Its Beagle fix tool.
    NOD ususally picks up anything, but I havnt been diligent latly, and am paying for it.
    Tech support forums has this 5 step program ( I feel like I'm in AA again)
    that looks pretty good: I am trying it now--VERY THERO. (i cant spell)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/sec...pdated-important-read-before-posting-log.html

Using hijack this to resololve problems, but first doing some stuff that will help. Worth looking at. let me know what u think ok?

Hermescomputers--
    i looked at ur site for monitoring, i already use procexp along with Startuplist by Merijn--u will appreciate it; I BET you will like it.
    http://wwwmerijn.org/donate.php---for some reason i had to do a Scroogle to find it. Scroogle is google without all the cookies and crap they are doing. ck it out,,, http://wwwmerijn.org/. I used to use wintasks, but those 2 seem to be better,
    thanks to everyone for reaching out. If u want i will report back my outcome and findings about what programs were good etc,,,
    Brian

6. Hermescomputers

Sure do! These are great tools... Use them myself. However I find Process Monitor (Not process XP) in this case to be far more useful since it iterates (traces) all process activity sequentially and links it to its source/target. Including registry and file access. Far and above Hijack-this's many limitation. (it only displays static pointers and not dynamic acctivity in realtime like process monitor does)...

Basically if you think something is running in the background and doing something this tool will allow you to see it since it captures every process and service calls for you to analyze later or in real time... This is really usefull if you cant find out what the loader is at least you can see it do whatever it is that it does... giving you the oportunity to kill its executables and nip it's nasty behavior in the bud!

Here is an exemple:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  7. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

Email addresses are free. Use proxies, and dump them when you get spam.

8. Hermescomputers

This is great advice for home users... However businesses who run their own domains wont benefit from this at all. In fact using one of those addresses for business makes you look like an amateur or worst... I get approximately 30,000 spam message a month and as a business this is a real pain. Good tools to deal with this are available (for $29..00 U.S.) you can get a full fledge corporate anti spam mail server. Way better than having to hide behind free e-mail accounts that decide for you what a "Good" message is compare to "SPAM"...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  9. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

Yeah,
    I usually assume that most users here are home users. Do corporate IT's frequent this place for advice? o_O Small businesses, yeah, I guess that's what antispam solutions are for, I've always wondered why those are sold. I mean, who uses outlook in the home? Do people just enjoy downloading emails to their computers or what is it?

10. Hermescomputers

Keep in mind many businesses are small businesses and SOHO's. In fact the great majority of businesses fall in those categories.

Unfortunately I see much too many "Professionals" who give me business cards with a hotmail address... They never get a call back from me. It looks very amateurish and unprofessional to say the least to have a business name with a generic e-mail address. It is certainly not conductive to build confidence.

I would say more than 60% of long term members and regular posters in Wilder's are system admin and small biz owners by the knowledge and skills some of them have...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.