HI CPU usage while scanning

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Sting23ray, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sting23ray

Sting23ray Registered Member

I just installed the trial version of the software... and during the scan, my CPU usage is averaging at 60% and sometimes topping at 90%. I am doing regular work while the scanning is in progress. Is this behavior normal?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Code emulation by advanced heuristics is a time and resource intensive operation. On-demand scans can be moved to background where they are run with lower priority and other applications can run smoother. I for one have a Core Duo CPU and often run long-lasting full scans. One at a time when I normally work and 2 or 3 at a time when I don't mind the lags.

3. rules_broken

rules_broken Registered Member

yes same happening wid me for the last 2 on demand scans .

4. ccomputertek

ccomputertek Registered Member

I never see this, unless mabe unpacking large files. mabe what your seeing is unique to version 4 of NOD32, you might want to try version 3 available from the previous versions download section.In some cases version 3 works better for certain people, and your really not losing much going with the previous version 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.