Hi all! whats up? I need some help...

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by Mastika, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastika

Mastika Registered Member

My homepage has been hijaked by dorkodrom.com...just last week I got rid atlast of another rubbish site called greatsearch.com with the CWSHREDDER but this time it didnt work as well, maybe I didnt delete all what was needed from the HIJACKTHIS list before using the shredder..
    here is my log attached...
    :) thanks alot in advance for any help....

Attached Files:

2. Mastika

I dont KNOW the reason but my compuer won't open the file I attached my original message maybe it has aproblem with LOG files Ill try another type now(TXT)
    hope it will work now sorry.

Attached Files:

3. dave38

dave38 Spyware Expert

Have Hijack This fix all of the following by placing a check in the appropriate boxes and hitting fix checked. Make sure all browser and all Windows Explorer windows are closed before fixing.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Upgrade Service] C:\WINDOWS\winupd.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows Deafult Configuration] C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [dllhelp] c:\windows\dllhelp.exe

Reboot, and delete

files
    C:\WINDOWS\winupd.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe
    c:\windows\dllhelp.exe

These may be hidden files. See HERE for how to show hidden files.

Please post a followup Hijack this log, and say if the problems persist.

4. Mastika

Hi Dave I dont know how to thank you it didnt go so smoothly and there were a few more things I had to delete and my computer didn't let me delete my hidden files easly but any way after playing around and doing what you wrote a few times & swiched the computer off & on about ten times I got rid of it (but without your help I didn't stand a chance )
    Any way my new log is attached what do you think is it clean? what do you think of the 012 series there (search page) is that o.k?

whats the next step is there a good firewall to protect my self from theese discusting microbes again?

sorry if I have a few spelling mistakes English is not my mother thong
    any way cheers & and lots of thanks....

Attached Files:

5. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Mastika,

Your log is clean now. The O12 entries are harmless either way, but my experience is that HijackThis has trouble removing empty lines there, so it will probably not work if you try.
    No harm done in that case.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.