HFS+ drive access problems

Discussion in 'HFS for Windows' started by Gorgobert, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Gorgobert

Gorgobert Registered Member

Hello everyone,

my dual boot setup on my iMac worked well with the Paragon HFS+ driver for Windows 7, until a few days ago, problems started to arise. The result is that I can now read and write to the HFS+ drive, but for every file I save on it from Windows, there is an additional file created ("filename:zone.Identifier"). This seems to point to a problem with security policies and format / write problems, but my knowledge in this matter is very small. Also, and that is very annoying, I cannot install from setup files I stored on that drive. There is another complaint in this forum with a similar error. For example, if I try to install one of my favourite classic games, Tyrian, it fails with this message:

"
    Error
    ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1203

"
    And an info hinting on a networking issue. It is in German, but I try to translate:

"The network path was not accepted by any network service provider"

As mentioned, this started to build up a few days. Now I did a fresh install of my windows part,
    and prior to installing the Paragon HFS+ driver, I could see the drive read-only and access all files, even installing any program from the drive. But today, after I installed the Paragon HFS+ driver, my problems all came back. I cannot currently work hassle-free with the HFS+ drive.

Dows anyone have a suggestion how to tackle this issue?

Thank you for any effort,

Gorgobert

2. Gorgobert

Forgot to specify, that the additional "zone.identifier" file is only created, when saving files with a browser; e.g. downloading setup files or images with Firefox or IE.

3. Gorgobert

update Feb-24:

I have my system up an running again. Seems my internal HDD was slowly decaying with one of the signs being the above described symptoms. Now that I have reformatted the drive it is working flawlessly again. As I am not sure, what caused this situation - maybe a power loss or just a random error - I will monitor the behavior of the Paragon HFS+ for Windows software and report any findings.

/closed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.