hey diamondCS, i have a problem initializing

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by seiko, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seiko

seiko Registered Member

for some reason, it won't initialize. i installed the entire thing, then i restarted my computer. when my desktop came up, it started to startup my other programs. when PG was initializing, it said it couldn't open/initialize/find(i dunnno wha tit couldn't do) "mutex"(i have no idea what this it ^_^ haha). and when i open up PG, it says in the ProcessGuard Status, "Error in initialization. Check dcsuserprot.exe". i went into the PG directory to find this thingy. i found it and tried to open it. it would just open a command prompt and not do anything. i really wanna get this program working ^_^ i hope you or anybody else can help me =] i got excited when i found out about it ^_^ ill be surprised if someone could help me get it to work =] please reply soon. ^_^

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Try uninstalling in SAFE MODE, then reinstalling it again. Were you using ProcessGuard v2.0 prior to 3.0?

3. seiko

seiko Registered Member

umm, no, i was just introduced to it today. seems like a wonderful program, but ill try uninstalling it in safe mode. does that mean i have to install it in safe mode too?

4. Jason_DiamondCS

No you can install it in normal mode also.

5. seiko

seiko Registered Member

hmm, for some reason, i reinstalled twice, but everytime, RIGHT AFTER its done installing, it would say that it failed to install "the driver"? whats that? lol, well, do you think you could help me on this? ^_^

6. Jason_DiamondCS

Are you running any other "protective" software?

Follow the manual uninstall method listed in the helpfile which basically states you need to boot into safemode and make sure procguard.sys (located in c:\windows\system32\drivers) is deleted.

7. seiko

seiko Registered Member

no, im not running any. btw, i deleted the "proguard.dll" and the "pguard.dll" as it tells me in the removal manual =] i did that, restarted and reinstalled (btw, it said i "couldn't install Process Guard's driver"). it told me the same exact thing, it couldn't get "mutex" and also, when i run it, it would say that it couldn't initialize and for me to check out pcsuserprot.exe. i did and it just opened another command prompt with nothing on it, then thats it. im just wondering, is the setup corrupt? i redownloaded also. probrably just me? ^_^ btw,thanks for the help so far =] lol

8. Jason_DiamondCS

It also says to delete PROCGUARD.SYS, did you do that in safe mode?

9. seiko

seiko Registered Member

actually, i did it on cmd, but i also don't know how to go in to safe mode ^_^ hahaha, sorry =] could you please explain how? ^_^

10. seiko

seiko Registered Member

LOL, yay ^_^ thanks for the help =] i deleted that .svs thinymagiger =D haha, now i installed it just fine ^_^ i hope i could get it to work now =d thank you jason XDDD haha

11. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi seiko, Once installed, please follow the other instructions carefully regarding learning mode as this is critical :)

Thanks. Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.