HELP !!!!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ADAware-User, Jan 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ADAware-User

ADAware-User Guest

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Try to scan/delete in safemode , do this three times. Excuse me for asking the obvious, but you do have the items Ad-Aware find checked, don't you? I ask because you haven't in the screenshot.

If this doesn't cure it, then take a look at the General cleaning instruction's. Good luck. :)

3. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi THIS page has info on Flashenhancer BHO, the corrupt registry keys are listed. (if you dont have alot of expiernce in the windows registry or feel comfortable editing it, it would be best to leave it alone.)

You could get the Microsoft Antispyware program and give it a try, i have been trialing it, and found that it has a very good detection rate.

4. aliwiseman

aliwiseman Registered Member

*sits and chuckles at Well behaved women rarely make history*

Hi adaware user.

1stly... i concur with all posts before. Always best to keep on the good side of others here hehe!

2nd have you updated your definitions on adaware, a new build was released recently and having just had a nosey on the lavasofts site it says it does remove it, which makes sense if it detects it.

If none of this works, id have a bash at it via Webroots SpySweeper which is a free one month trials download. (findable via google) If it keeps comming back from your Ad-aware scan it mst have an installer floating round in memory or in the registry which is initialising its re-instalation. I would first run adaware, then spysweeper, and then re boot into safe mode and rerun again. If you have any IE windows open before running the scans, close them.

Hope this helps... If not there is a way to remove it via hijackthis log, but im not sure if they are allowed to be posted willy nilly on here, ao i'll await a reply first before asking for one.. lol Better a live chicken than a dead hero!

Keep smiling!

Alistair Wiseman

5. zcv

zcv Registered Member

AA user is using the latest build 1.05 - the latest defs are from the 11th of Jan SE1R25.

BHO's can be disabled in IE until a permenant solution found - Tools > Manage Add-ons > right click on the item and tick disable.

Regards - Charles

6. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi AA user,

Please navigate to C:\Program Files and look for this entry...."FTApp" or "flt" or....
    "Show All System Files" and run a search for this file...."xml.dll"

Could you also post you're operating system...

If you need assistance running AdAware, please consult this page.

GF

7. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi aliwiseman,

Regarding the request for logs being posted on the forum, please see this Announcement.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.