help

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by panicattack, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panicattack

panicattack Registered Member

hi i need your help.
    i installed spywareblaster 3.2 free version on my pc and then got some unrelated problems not due to that, so i tried to remove it.i could not find an uninstall for it, so i went into add remove programmes on control panel, and removed it.as part of my emergency pc saving actions i had to do a system restore.and hey presto the icon is back on my control panel and when i try to remove it it says unable to remove.

i understand this is due to me using system restor to go back to befor i uninstalled it,my question is-how do i completely remove it now, and will it affect my computer in any way to have the remains of this program in my pc?

i still get the main control center which says protecting etc,but i also get no database errors.

could the program be still working-and if it is, could it have a detremental effect on my computer?

as i said i get the error message database error, or the database may be missing.
    i did see on the javacool site that it still works even if you uninstall it-it said to go to quick tasks and click turn off protection or disable protection or something like that, but the window i get when i doubleclick the icon on the startup menu does not have a quick tasks.

as i said i removed this program in add remove programmes befor the system restor. if the program still works even when it is uninstalled or removed, would this mean that the system restor i did would not work correctly,as i am told you must disable or turn off any active programmes befor doing a restor.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi panicattack. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Yes, u should disable all protection in SpywareBlaster before u uninstall it.

Since u uninstalled it, and it's not showing in Add and Remove programs, it would probably be best to reinstall, make sure all protection is disabled, then uninstall. U should have no problem after that.

Hope this helps.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.