HELP

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by snake75, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snake75

snake75 Registered Member

it seems i have had Worm.SomeFool.Gen-1 and W32/Netsky.d@MM on my pc and i dont have a clue how to get rid of them or wot to do next. my pc is incredibly slow and i can just about get msn and nothing else. it just keeps crashing. i have Norton Anti Virus Software which has been affected and part of it disabled and cannot be enabled, and i have Zone Alarm Pro which slows everythin even more.

I have done virus scans which dont seem to work, Ad-Aware has found potential hackers so i have quarantined those, doesnt help that i dont have a clue wot im doing!!

the viruses were present in emails i supposedly tried to send but didnt

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. snake75

cheers will try it!

i have norton antivirus but it seems to have been knocked out, cant enable it and the email scanner aint workin, scans on system show nothing :doubt:

4. snake75

ok sorry bout that, didnt know which forum to msg in, its my 1st day here :oops:

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

No problem Snake, we're all here to help you out of the infection, don't feel bad, we just try to move threads to the best places so people who are searching for help and info can find it back. And you see we follow you!

6. snake75

7. snake75

ok i did the netsky removal tool from norton and i apparently dont have the netsky virus on my computer even tho i had an email sayin i had 2 different variants, one i received 2nite o_O

8. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Most propably your email address has been harvested from an infected system, and is spoofed in the meanwhile. This way, it looks like the email is coming from your system - while in fact it isn't. Full email headers from the alleged emails you've sent provide proof of this and can be checked by the ISP from the receiver. Unfortunately, antiviruses from those receiving those emails discover an infection and the spoofed email address only - and inform the alleged sender s/he is sending out infected emails, which isn't true in fact. Disregard those "warning emails".

As for your other problems as posted in your first post above: hop over to the "adware..." etc. forum over here, read the sticky instructions, follow them to the letter and post your log file over on that particular forum.

regards.

paul

9. Laurie

Laurie Guest

Glad to know it is a third party doing this and not mine!

Just get a similar email with the message about the "Worm.SomeFool.Gen-1" in it. Got worried and went online to read about it. Found this place.

Just went through a Norton scan and an online TrendMicro "Housecall" scan to make doubly sure. The latter did find a trojan and it was "executed" through the TDS after rebooting. First time I had this happen. I do scan with Spybot S&D and Ad Aware for spyware/malware junk.

Glad I found your place and this goes into my favorites!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.