Help !

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by John Bull, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

Having used Firewalls for many years, I am not aware that they update regularly like other programs - never seen an update pop-up.

I use Comodo Firewall Pro - v3 and cannot remember seeing an update panel.

It is confused at present since Comodo blended the Firewall in with their AV to become Comodo IS - v4. They do put an update pop-up on screen for my v3 Firewall, but it is for CIS - v4 complete and I do not want it. I have tried their Firewall only in v4 five times and it does not work. Ceases to function after a few minutes. So I have to re-install the old v3, which does work.

I have told Comodo about this Firewall failure in detail, but have had no reply other than they are looking into it.

1. Do Firewalls update ?
    2. Any clues why CIS - v4 Firewall fails every time, with or without the AV complete package ?

Many thanks
    John Bull

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Firewalls update but only if you want to. I don't think you have to update to ver 4 and especially not if it is not working on your config. Who at Comodo acknowledged the problem though, not just some forum member? Apparently there is a new build coming up and you can, if you are willing, try to install it again in hope that whatever bug manifesting on your system is fixed. As to your question why if fails on your machine it is somewhat difficult to answer without more details (what happens, any error messages etc).

3. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

Just ignore the update message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.