HELP!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by lynng, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lynng

lynng Registered Member

OK-
    Maybe I have found some help here. I have been having problems with my NOD32 and I don't know what I am suppose to do. I am not the most computer savy person around here! I keep getting an error message that says my NOD 32 is out of date and that I need to update it. I can't remember when I got it and I think it was installed by our local computer store. I keep clicking on update now and it doesn't work. Mine is marked as update automatically. Do I need to pay for and upgrade again? Don't know much about that and need help and can't even find a telephone number on who to call. Thanks in advance for all of your help!

2. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Assuming that it was a full license, they come in one year increments with 1 or 2 years being the standard period. Since this install seems to have occurred a while ago, I'll assume that it's V2.7, which unfortunately does not have an internal indicator of when license expiration occurs (V 3.0 does, but it's a recent release and they're still wringing out some minor bugs).

Also, is the message from NOD32 or the Windows Security Center? As I recall, there are some circumstances in which the Windows Security Center reports an out of date product incorrectly. A good source of guidance is the FAQ on NOD32 at Wilders or the FAQ at Eset's main site. Here is their recommended steps to contact support. Depending on your comfort zone, that may help or be pure Greek to you. Let us know if it's the latter.

You only need to purchase a renewal if your subscription has expired - and that is at reduced cost relative to the initial license (typical US cost is ~ $30/year for renewal). Before going down that road, it's worthwhile verifying your license state. I'd use Eset's direct support for that purpose - with the understanding that it's a holiday today - so a direct response might not be obtained until tomorrow or Thursday.

Blue

4. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

How long have you had the computer because most likely NOD will be the same age! If it's just over a year and you had the shortest licence (1 year) then you'll need another, but do as BlueZannetti suggested and contact ESET first.

5. lynng

lynng Registered Member

Thank you for all your help! I decided to uninstall the NOD 32 version I had and after checking probably needed to upgrade. So, I paid for two years and now have to wait for 12 hours to get my password to download. Doesn't that seem strange to you? Hmmm, I guess I'll just wait! But, I guess it is New's Years Day. Happy New Years everyone! Thanks again.
    Lynn

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Did you have an ID and password to extend your license 2 years, or did you get a new license with 2 years? If it's a new license they e-mail you your ID and password for future downloads. You have to enter your ID and password to re-install or upgrade. You should receive it within a few minutes of making your purchase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.